Method prepared by
Grace Panganiban: email@example.com
1) Grow yeast to A650=0.5 (yeast doubling time is about 140 minutes at 30oC). If yeast overgrow, dilute to about A650=0.2 and let grow another 3 hrs.
2) Spin at 6000 rpm for 2 min in ufuge or at high speed for 5 min in coldroom tabletop.
3) Resuspend pellet in original volume of ice cold diw; respin.
4) Resuspend pellet in original volume of ice cold 01 M LiAc in TE; respin.
5) Resuspend pellet in 1/300 -1/100 of original volume ice cold 01 M LiAc in TE; use for transformation immediately.
6) Mix 1 ul (~100 ng) with 7 ug carrier DNA (sheared salmon sperm) in
1 ul TE and 0.2 ul 1 M LiAC.
7) Add 8 ul competent yeast
8) Add 70 ul 40% PEG, 0.1 M LiAc, TE pH 7.5; mix with pipettor.
9) Incubate for 30 min at 30oC.
10) Heat shock for 12 min at 46oC.
11) Plate on appropriate medium; grow ~ 3 days at 30oC.